Saturday, July 6, 2013

GF Potato Wedges

Today's recipe is just simple Potato Wedges. Sometimes, I honestly just want to be able to have Rusty's potato wedges. Since my symptoms indicate Celiac's disease, going back to Rusty's potato wedges is not a possibility (not even for "just one"). It leaves me left to experiment, try others' recipes, and hope to come up with something that can replicate the deliciousness of Rusty's potato wedges. Or at the very least, find a decent replacement.

When I get a pizza, I am left without the potato wedges portion. I have learned to replaced potato wedges with a baked potato. Not a bad trade-off. Low in fructose.

My first experiment of potato wedges making uses a recipe, not of my own. "Homemade Oven Baked Jo Jo Potatoes" is the recipe I chose to use today. I didn't have any 'All Purpose' flour, so I used plain 'Rice' flour that I had on hand. Combo of that and leaving it at the high temperature in the oven contributed to how it turned out. I should of had the oven set to a lower setting. They were very crunchy. They were hard on the outside, but soft on the inside. Taste wise: They have some serious potential. Next time, I will use much less cheese. I think it takes away from the taste. They don't need anything to accommodate them (no ketchup!).

What I like about her recipe that will leave me wanting to retry, it is pretty low fructose. Garlic is the only fructose ingredient that I have to worry about, and it isn't a very high amount of it. Check out her recipe and try it for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment