Saturday, September 28, 2013

Large Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies

Before:
Cookies as they are going into freezer.
After:
Broken into pieces with my hands.
Picture is after they have been frozen, cooked,
cooled, and put away.
Large Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Adapted from Karrie at Happy Money Saver

I tend to cut recipes into half or even a quarter. I like to save flour whenever possible. Typically, I am the one eating the gluten free goodies. This one is easily egg and dairy free. I have discovered an easier way to find dessert recipes is to search for vegan ones. This one is not specifically labelled vegan, but it is what it is--with my adaptation anyway.

Here are the way I did the ingredients when making the cookies (to make 1/4 of a batch):

1/2 C butter
8 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp brown sugar
.75 egg (1 Egg Replacer)
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1.5 cup flour
little over 1/4 tsp salt
little over 1/4 tsp soda
1 C chocolate chips

Using the instructions given in the link above.

The goal originally was to freeze the cookies. So, I put them on a baking sheet to freeze. Once in the freezer, I left them in there for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Then when I got them out and realized that it would be impossible to actually freeze them. They were supposed to roll into a ball-like shape, but instead they were runny. So, I couldn't seperate them from the paper: meaning- they were going in the oven.

Obviously, I made some mistakes along the way. . . . .
BUT, it was a blessing in disguise.

They turned out really crunchy and good.
I even shared!
Weird: In the oven, they all ran over onto another cookie-- so resembled a pan of a big cookie (cookie sheet, even). **Update** Turned out  same way when I retried the recipe (making a full batch) also, assuming it is because of the egg replacer or possibly using non-dairy butter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment