Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pumpkin Pie and Mexican Casserole

Despite how my stomach feels (blah), I got around to baking some. I made a pumpkin pie, which is one probable reason for why I feel like I do. I planned on having a little bit each day to stretch it out. Well, that didn't work out soo well. I ate the entire pumpkin pie in 3 days (no lecture needed, thank you). Probably the reason. But, it was pretty good. The pumpkin pie didn't solidify like it should of. For the most part, it was fine (structure wise), I ended up just eating it out of the pan when I wanted some. It wouldn't of worked out too well if I had made it and taken it to a fellowship meet though. Pumpkin pie: What would work better for me is if I could freeze some of it. Maybe, I can either retry or find a different recipe. I really liked this recipe, so may just play around with it. I ended up using an egg replacer, so that may have affected how it turned out. Still a good recipe though. Recipe for Pumpkin Pie


Today...Today, I got around to baking when feeling ill. I know it is all the fructose from the pumpkin pie (crust alone, it had fructose... Love Pillsbury's gf pie dough, just not the fructose). Anyway!

Today, I made something I have never made or eaten before. A casserole. My nephew even gave me a weird looking face when I told him what I was making. Ha.... We don't make casseroles. We just haven't...ever. The casserole: It was pretty good. I may use less sugar for the cornbread next time though. Recipe called for 1/2 cup of sugar. I didn't use cheese to make it dairy free. I would even want to touch it if it had cheese on it. I want to make it more fructose friendly though. I mean, half a cup of sugar plus corn. A little much considering corn is sweet. But, the casserole actually wasn't bad. It'd be good for a quick meal. It was even easy to fix. <3 Just want to make it more fructose friendly. Corn Bread Recipe     Casserole Recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment